This post is sponsored by Beddy’s Zipper Bedding.
I only work with brands I truly love, so thank you for helping me support them.
Beddy’s: Making a bed-with-ease
If you haven’t heard of Beddy’s zipper bedding yet, allow me to tell you about this game changing system. The best way I can describe it is like a combination of a fitted sheet and a sleeping bag all-in-one, but way more stylish than the neon paint splattered sleeping bag I had growing up in the early 90’s. We’ve had ours for awhile now because I wanted to give my full, honest opinion and I’m pleased to say that this is one product I highly recommend. Keep reading to learn about all of the benefits & if you decide to grab a set of your own, use my link and promo code ELLISONMADE20 for 20% off your purchase!
Patent Pending Features:
Beddy’s is one of those product where you ask yourself, “why didn’t I think of that?” because the concept is so genius. Some of the key patent-pending features that make them unique are the following:
- DETACHABLE BLANKET: Unlike traditional sleeping bags which only have one zipper that goes all the way around, Beddy’s has two separate zipper tracks, one on each side and they meet in the middle at the bottom. This means that you can detach the top comforter layer completely like a traditional comforter. If you have a larger queen or queen size bed where two people sleep, the zipper system allows one person one side to remain zipped up and the other person can unzip their side, ’cause some people like to stick their feet outside of the blanket at night, ahem, my husband.
- EASY PULL TABS: The round tab makes it easy for little hands to zip their beds. Instead of my husband and I “tucking in” our girls, they ask us to “zip them up” instead.
- SOFT MINKY INTERIOR: We chose the plush minky interior for our girls because it is so soft and reminds me of the baby blankets they used to have. They also have all-cotton interiors for older kids & adults – although I think I’d want the minky fabric, personally.
- DEEP SIDE POCKETS: Beddy’s sets are designed to fit mattresses up to 15″ deep.
- COMFORT PANELS: At first, I didn’t understand what the purpose of the comfort panel was because all 3 of my girls like to have the comforter zipped up around them, but if you prefer the comforter unzipped like a loose blanket, this is when the comfort panel would come in play. You pull it out and it covers the sides of your bed & covers the zipper portion so your skin only feels the soft interior fabric and not the cold metal from the zipper. Now that’s attention to detail.
- ELASTIC BAND: The strong, elastic band at the bottom is the same idea as a fitted sheet; it goes on snugly so you don’t have to worry about anything popping out of place.
100% Cotton Exterior – We have the Vintage Blush II style and the quality is incredible. Did you know they are handmade here in America? As a handmade business ourselves, that gets a big thumbs up from us!
What’s so life changing about it?
I realize that sounds extreme, but it really has made a difference in my life because as a mom to three small kids and someone who runs a business from home, any and every little process that helps alleviate my workload is a big win in my book.
THERE’S LESS LAUNDRY & MORE TIME
The fact that Beddy’s is a single unit means less articles of bedding = less laundry and less time to make the bed. I’ve always felt overwhelmed when it came to formal bedding as an adult. My first job at 15 was at a department store & I remember watching the visual merchandiser set up the bedding. It looked beautiful, but there were so many parts involved. And I’ll never forget when my husband and I got married, I registered for the most beautiful duvet cover which I thought was a fancy word for comforter (don’t judge, we just didn’t have fancy things, haha). Well we received that beautiful duvet cover and what I didn’t know is that you needed a duvet to stuff into it. So we got one. Now add in your bedskirt, euro and standard shams, a fitted sheet, a useless flat sheet, a throw blanket & some throw pillows and you’ll finally have a complete bed set. No thanks. Personally, I love how Beddy’s simplifies things with an all-in-one approach.
TEACHES KIDS RESPONSIBILITY
Next, Beddy’s helps to keep the girls’ bedroom nice and tidy while teaching them responsibility. When kids have daily chores, it teaches them to take care of their belongings and also offers structure and routine. I mean, I have kids so messes are expected around the home, but I’d be lying if I said that it doesn’t cause me a bit of stress and anxiety. Nothing can explain the feeling of walking into a clean room. Making their bed in the morning is so easy – they just zip up their comforter and fluff their pillow back in place. Voila!
SOOTHES SIMILAR TO A WEIGHTED BLANKET
One of the biggest perks I’ve noticed is that our two younger girls have actually stayed in their beds more during the night, whereas before, they would come in like clockwork around 1-2 AM. This is a HUGE deal for me. I thought at first it was just the excitement of the new bedding, but then I wondered if maybe being zipped up all snug made them feel more secure in some way. My middle daughter especially would flip and turn and end up all kinds of backwards in her bed, she is doing so much better at night. I’ve read a few articles from parents of children with autism and/or sensory processing disorders that stated the snugness of the Beddy’s soothes and comforts their child, similar to the idea of a weighted blanket. But if your child likes it loose, you can always unzip the blanket entirely.
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER:
Beddy’s is designed to fit mattresses up to 15″ thick & most standard mattresses are between 10″ – 14″, but I purchased these 8″ mattresses for my girls so I did have to tuck some of the fabric on the sides to make it appear taut. The white bed frames we use have open slats underneath so it’s not a big deal to pull the fabric in to make it taut, but I do think it’s worth mentioning. And for what it’s worth, we love our mattresses (which come in 10″ thickness as well) and the bed frames – they adjust from 7″ to 11″, no box spring is required, and it has held up to both my husband and I snuggling in bed with our girls.
You should also know that Beddy’s isn’t just for kids (although it’s ideal for littles ones, in my opinion.) They have a variety of styles that go all the way up to King size. Some of my other favorite styles are the black & white buffalo check and the classic white bedding. They’re also ideal for bunk beds and RVs since it can be difficult to make a bed in tight quarters.
Lastly, I know that the cost can be a deterrent for some. I’ll admit, it seems pricey, but if you add up the cost for a quality comforter, a soft blanket, a fitted sheet, and two pillow shams from any children’s department store, you’ll find that the price is actually quite comparable. I hope to use our Beddy’s for years to come.
BONUS: Beddy’s is offering 20% off your purchase when you use my code ELLISONMADE20. That’s a pretty sweet discount so check out their website and find a style that suits you!
As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions!