This blog post is sponsored by NovaFloor. I take pride in only promoting products or services that I truly believe in.
Can you believe the first time I saw our home in person was the day we moved in? I was still living in Georgia and Sam had already relocated to Florida so that meant I had to rely on photos, phone calls & video for the house hunting process. When I finally did step foot inside, the first thing I noticed was the mix of tile and laminate flooring.
I wanted to replace it all prior to move-in, but we were on a time crunch. Fast forward 9 months after some patience and product research, we finally have gorgeous luxury vinyl plank flooring (aka LVP or LVT) from NovaFloor throughout our home. Today, I want to share 6 reasons why these floors are the perfect choice for almost any and every space!
Before: porcelain tile flooring in the main living room
Large, diagonally laid porcelain tiles were in the main living room and galley kitchen. The light color brightened up the space, but they were nearly impossible to keep clean, showing every speck of dirt. These tiles seemed to be rather fragile, too, because there were chips and cracks in some of them. Plus, the slick finish was slippery and reflective like a mirror.
After: luxury vinyl plank flooring in the main living area
- Design – NovaFloor’s team of talented designers have curated the most beautiful, verstatile flooring selection. The style & color I went with is called White Ash Sand Dune from their Dansbee collection. All the options from this collection are inspired by southern California living – think clean lines, blonde tones, inspired by nature – perfect for that modern coastal look. The natural grain texture gives these floors the look of gorgeous hardwood, with the durability and affordability of LVP.
- Durability (Kid & Pet-Friendly) – Do you remember learning about the Mohs scale in science class? It’s the test used to determine a mineral’s hardness by measuring it’s resistance to scratching against another substance. Well, the proprietary mineral used within the NovaShield® finish has a Mohs rating of 9.4 (a diamond is 10), now, that’s impressive! These floors are truly kid and pet-friendly; you can’t say that about laminate or hardwood.
Before: Mosaic ceramic tile in our bathroom
Both bathrooms had ceramic tile in them, which were thicker and more durable than the porcelain tile, but they were just as difficult to keep clean. I mean, look at those grout lines. The last thing I want to do with my free time is scrub and seal that floor.
After: Luxury vinyl plank flooring in our bathroom
- Waterproof – Unlike traditional or flexible LVP, NovaFloor includes a polymer-based core that gives the flooring a more rigid characteristic which hides common subfloor imperfections. It’s also what makes this flooring option 100% waterproof, not just a water resistant top layer, so it can be installed in moisture prone areas like a bathroom. If my kids come inside dripping wet from a day of swimming or playing in the ocean, I don’t have to worry about floor peeling, warping or curling up due to water damage.
- Low Maintenance – Because it is virtually scratch-proof, waterproof and grout free, this is as low maintenance as it gets. You don’t need to strip or seal anything like you would with stone or tile, nor do you need regular carpet cleanings (I was told by a professional upholstery cleaner that carpet in your home is the largest filter of dirt, dust and debris, but you can’t change it like you do your air filters – no, thank you!)
Before: Laminate flooring in our bedroom
Certain furniture and flooring products contain toxic chemicals, fire retardants, formaldehyde, phthalates and more. It’s important that the products we bring into our home are safe for our family’s health
After: Luxury vinyl plank flooring in our bedroom
- Eco-Friendliness – NovaFloor really shines when it comes to sustainability! Their products exceed indoor air quality standards and the company provides complete transparency for their manufacturing process. Their flooring is produced in a zero-landfill manufacturing facility, where all processing water and production waste are 100% recycled. They are FloorScore® Certified, GREENGUARD Gold® Certified, Indoor Advantage™ and Gold Certified & ASSURE Certified™ – giving me peace of mind.
- Cost Effective – Hardwood floors can cost up to 2-3 times more for material and for installation than floating LVP so this is a more affordable way to get the beauty and warmth of hardwood, but the durability, sustainability and waterproofness of vinyl. Additionally, NovaFloor’s Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring gives you the most bang for your buck backed by a 15 year warranty that the product will not wear through the printed film layer under normal residential use (see full statement for more details). That’s a company that stands behind their product!
Overall, I’m extremely pleased with the flooring I chose for my home. It’s so versatile, I can’t imagine using anything else!
Leave a Reply